Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beach Baby-Bon Iver.

When you're out, tell your lucky one to know that you'll leave.
But don't lock when your fleeing.
I'd like not to hear keys.

Only hold till your coffee warms,
but don't hurry and speed.

once a time put a tongue in your ear at the beach,
and you clutched.
Clicking heels.

One of the most beautiful songs I have encountered. For the past couple days, I have been contemplating the meaning behind such masterpiece. For what seemed days, nothing appeared, and then it hit. I think this song is all about the facts. Accepting the fact that the end of this relationship, was for the better. How it winded out like a spinning needle and thread. The whole "but don't lock when your fleeing, I'd like not to hear keys" is him not wanting her to stay any longer than necessary he'd rather her memory disappear whilst she flees, not to be constantly reminded of such relationship.
Beautiful, and haunting, really.

0 comments: